Have you ever wondered how to place a date on a Microsoft Word document so that it automatically updates itself to the current date each time you save? Well if you haven’t you should be using this feature!
You can place this date element on your letterhead document, so each time you type out a letter on the letterhead you don’t need to worry about the current date, it would already be there! You can also place it on your CV or Résumé, so the holder knows when it was last updated!
There are more uses for this and you can tell us in the comments how you have been using or intend to use this feature, but first how to do it, pretty simple;
- Go to the INSERT tab in Microsoft Word
- You’ll see the Date & Time button to your right side or at the “Text” section of that tab
- Select the Available formats for how you want the date to appear
- Check the Update automatically box so the date updates anytime you save the document
- Click OK to insert the new date wherever you left the cursor
That’s it! You have a new and quick way to add the current date automatically to your documents.